Sinister: "Not flammable" is not a challenge...

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 19 12:42:36 BST 2001

Well it's Wednesday, and I'm still recovering from the weekend. Which can
only be a good sign.

There was a picnic in Manchester you know. Some of you may remember it. Some
of you probably can't remember it. Belle wasn't there, the only dogs present
were ones we wished weren't present, with slobbery sticks in their mouths.

Cay is now officially the best picnic mummy in the world E!V!E!R!. Partly
because, against all the odds, she managed to organise a picnic in
Manchester where it didn't rain. In fact, it was sunny. Which was nice.
Admittedly we were only outside for about 2 hours and spent the rest of the
time in the pub, but never mind.

One listee told a bouncer "I'm not gay, but..." before kissing him.

Another listee stood on the table in the pub to sing "The State I Am In",
and then fell off.

And then Ken drove us back over the Pennines to a tuneful rendition of Legal
Man.

In other news, I have heard from a trustworthy source that while B&S have
been in America, they visited Las Vegas. And while they were there, two
members of the band got married! Anybody else heard this? Anyone spot any
rings on fingers at the gigs? Any details welcomed!

Big Stu