Sinister: Subject Free Zone Today

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Wed Sep 19 21:43:23 BST 2001

Hi All,

Got a copy of the Benicassim radio broadcast today (muchas gracias, A****)
and another opportunity to figure out the lyrics to this song. My first
attempt a couple of months ago was clearly bollocks: this one is much closer
with (I think) only one dodgy bit -

The Season Has Arrived

I need someone to take some joy in something I do
You need a man who's either rich or losing a screw
You know I love you, here's the irony
You're going to walk away intact
You think I never liked you anyway	)
I think you never liked me anyway	)
You like yourself & you like men
To kiss your arse, expensive clothes
Hey stop me there
I think I'm waking up to us we're a disaster
They don't want to know
Because you move in circles up the brain(?)
We're out to find your lies

She was the wonder of my life
She showed me the road
And if I look like death today
Then please let her know

I only wanted to do harm to her (?)
I only wanted her to see
The beauty of the world surrounding her
And when she opened up her eyes
Its much too late, our chance has gone
She's with a guy
Who takes the prize of everything I ever showed her
Taken all the fun because she's older
I fed her with a spoon
I made her mama smile
I helped the kid survive

(Lush strings break)

She was the wonder of my life
She showed me the road
I loved her dark, her steady gaze
The chapter is closed
(The chapter is closed)

I only wanted all the best for her
The best thing was to stay away
She grew up and she left the rest of us
And now the understanding's gone
I haven't changed, how could I?
I'm pretty much the same person
I cannot keep my anger
Hidden any more but lucky for you
You are not around my anger turns to pity and to love
The season has arrived
The season has arrived

Princess Honey thinks that the song sounds like something from a 70's
musical: I think she's being uncharitable.

Almost everything that could be has been said about the WTC horror. The most
affecting thing for me has been not the TV pictures of the planes crashing
into the towers or those poor people jumping but the knowledge that some
members of my own company are still "missing" - colleagues who wear the same
uniforms, complete the same paperwork, do the same job as we do. And I
struggle with the tale of the heroic self sacrifice of a fellow manager who
apparently made sure all his people got on the lift on the 107th floor, told
them not to worry as he'd get the next one and of course hasn't been seen
since.
Could I have done that? Should I in fact have done that? Loyalty to
employees, or to family?

Not all listees who unsubscribe post a valedictory message. So I'd like to
mark the departure of Peter Miller. I'll miss his irreverence, his wit and
his erudition.  And the fact that he always kept the faith. Sadly for me the
audience I picture in my mind on the (thankfully for you) rare occasions
when I do post has shrunk considerably. Reporting Back will never be quite
the same in future. Goodbye, thanks and I hope we hear from you again.

Love and peace,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK