Sinister: San Francisco Show

Keith Davis kdavis at xxx.com
Thu Sep 20 19:59:38 BST 2001

In light of all the tragic events that have happened, I did not post a
review of the San Francisco show I wnet to at teh Warfield on Saturday
September 8th. It was a magical night. And I will always think of it as
the weekend before innocence was lost. The song, "I Fought In a War" has
never felt so prevalent. I was in awe of how gorgeous the band is.
Complete eye candy if you will! Isobel wore the cutest denim skirt and
the band was in top form and looked great! I was unaware of the scope of
there group/band. They went off with out a hitch. Especially the cover
of The Smiths "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side". I almost fainted! I
categorize my fanatic obsessions into groups and solo artists. At that
point in time both merged, as my favorite group sang words from my
favorite singer! Legal Man was a great moment as well. The stage filled
with singers and players all in unison! I hope that Belle and Sebastian
come back and fill me with joy again. It seems with the future in such
disarray, we will all need the uplifting words and sounds from this
tremendously talented group!