Sinister: Stuarts staying in - sounds like a plan

Easter House bowliekidz at xxx.com
Fri Sep 21 16:17:05 BST 2001

Dear All,

Long time no speak, so...

I am sad.  Very sad... I don’t know why.  But I do as well.  I listened to
fyhcywlap last night and it made me sad.  It always makes me sad.  It
shouldn't.  Mm makes me happy to listen to, yet the picture of them
makes me sad to look at.  Stuart’s voice never fails to make me smile, but
somehow on that album it only ever makes me frown.  It’s a strange thing,
fyhcywlap.  I think it is because it reminds me of Glasgow.  And no other
B&S do.  I love Glasgow.  London sucks.  Do you know, on arrival in Glasgow
a tramp hailed a cap for me, opened the door and wished me an enjoyable
stay.  I didn’t even buy the big issue from him.  I lied, and told him I
already had one.  Not true.  The only experience I have ever had with a
homeless person (much more PC) in London involved her chasing me down the
Tottenham Court Road with a dog.  True story.  A club bouncer rescued me.
Which was nice.

So, I am sad, and I want an explanation.  I had one of the best days of my
life on Sunday.  I went to the British Museum, then record shopping, then
for drinks, then down to the Victoria Embankment (that’s on the north bank
of the river, for non London hipsters) and admired the truly beautiful view.
  (Why is it London is only ever beautiful at night?).  All of this in the
company of a very lovely man.  A true sweetheart… Maybe.  I don’t know him
that well, but on first impressions he gets 10 out of 10.

Loads of good gigs coming up, which makes London great again… Perhaps.

But it’s nothing on Glasgow.  I would swap the thousands of ok bars and
venues for the two FANTASTIC bars and couple of good venues Glasgow has.
But I have no money.  And I am a wet, so I can’t do it on my own.  I need a
friend.  Maybe this boy will be great and marry me and we can live there
happy ever after I hear you cry.  (Well, maybe some of you will whisper).
No – he is moving to Japan in 9 months, so there isn’t really any point in
pursuing him at all.

And, I think the point is – the surroundings shouldn’t make you happy. You
should be happy in yourself, and the settings will compliment this.

I need to do some exercise, get really pissed and take some ecstasy.  This
is the answer…  And as the weekend has just arrived, my end-of-working-weeks
blues are about to be destroyed…. Until next Thursday night.

Are Thursday nights happy in Glasgow?? Answers on a postcard.

Go! Go out and celebrate last Monday’s release of the new Spiritualised!
Hurrah!!

Loving your work,
Joey