Sinister: Just another day

Simon Fallaha psi_fla at xxx.com
Sat Sep 22 22:00:48 BST 2001

Hello again everyone.

It's my brother's birthday, but that hasn't stopped it being another really
long day. The US disaster's not affecting me as much as it used to, by my
thoughts are still with all the people severely affected by it.
Anyway, I saw The Fast and The Furious a couple of days ago - my mates
really loved it, but I didn't think it was anything really special. Still, I
reckon it's good fun for anyone. Personally, I look forward to seeing AI.
I've decided to try for a lead role in the local Operatic Society's
production, but I don't think I'll have much luck. After all, I'm still a
relatively new member. And of course, when I audition, I can't sing The
Divine Comedy...

As usual, here come my notes to everyone:

Lawrence Mikkelsen - Don't you worry about people not agreeing with you
about The Strokes. My best mate Jim agrees with you 100%. In fact, he's
convinced me not to listen to them. Then again, I heard one of their songs
on TOTP and it didn't do anything for me. Also, congratulations on getting
married (even though you've another two months to wait). I agree with you
completely about Simon & Garfunkel. Thought I'd say that I mainly love their
music cos of all the films I watch, The Graduate is my favourite. I once
said the S & G songs alone were worth seeing it for (then again, I have
played them out since). And then you mentioned the war - which I hope will
never be.

Jenny Payne, and Sweetie - I sent you messages a while ago, but didn't get
any reply. Hope you are both fine and well.

Sweetie - I listened to Casanova all over again yesterday and I am really
growing to like it, Charge and The Woman Of The World especially.

Spangle - welcome to the list.

Ken Chu - Good to know you had a great summer. Wish the same could have been
said for mine (it's been pretty mediocre).

Santi - Even though I disagree with you about The Strokes, I look forward to
seeing your list of favourite bands. As for mine, I really don't have any
firm favourites barring The Divine Comedy, although I am really into Ash and
of course, B & S. Then again, you've probably heard all this before...

"Crazy" Rachel - Did the title of your message have anything to do with the
fact you recently saw Crazy/Beautiful? It's just opened here, but I do have
doubts about seeing it. Yes, it's got Kirsten Dunst, but she doesn't look
all that nice (she is one of the main reasons to see Bring It On, without a
doubt). Still, people say this is her best performance yet.

OK, time for me to go see Josie and the Pussycats again. (You were right
Cay, it is good).

Take care,

Psi