Sinister: The Strokes - no thanks!

zorba at xxx.uk zorba at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 24 20:19:59 BST 2001

yep lawrence, i'll back you up!  the strokes ARE kinda shit.  in my
shop we play a variety of music (i'm supposed to play world music
only really, but after listening to some of those albums for over a
year you do get a bit fed up with them).  the assistant manager is
a big b&s fan too, which is good so we both enjoy listening to
them.  but he's also into the manics, so plays them too, which is
not so good.  but anyway onto the strokes . . . . i listened to
their album twice over the other week and it was boring and
droney.  television they aint.  velvet underground - uh-uh *shakes
head violently.  about as much fun as listening to gay dad -
probably.  or maybe these animal men.  another band NME decided to
make big & then break.

no more strokes in my shop.  now where did i put my Parliament
album . . . ?