Sinister: Go and buy Dead Media by Hefner today

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Tue Sep 25 07:20:42 BST 2001

Let's all give a big hug to our main man Lawrence Mikkelsen! He was the
first one here to step out from the crowd and had the nerve to announce that
maybe The Strokes really aren't that great. If I weren't heterosexual I'd
give you my body as a reward. But really, 33 minutes of music that is ok but
nothing more. "Ooh, but the boys are really cute!" Yes, but have you ever
read their interviews? It's always bad when the people who are hailed as the
new everything actually believe they are cooler than all the other bands in
the world combined. Kick them in the head, I say.

So my crusade against people who try too hard to be stylish and rawk
continues.

What you should do, though, is to buy Dead Media by Hefner. Analogue
synthesizers, the same old groove, perfect album. Ace. And finally I get to
hear The Nights Are Long in cd- form, rather than the wobbly taperecording
from Peely. My favourite line:

And since my honey moved,
To the south side of town.
Been hearing ugly rumours,
She's been putting it around.

Now there's a line I can.... Naah, it just sound great.

-JF