Sinister: The Reindeer Section

John Hyllegaard memolabels at xxx.dk
Tue Sep 25 10:28:01 BST 2001

Well - yesterday I was visiting my local record-pusher, and was half a minute from buying Angels Of Lights new album, but my girlfriends eye caught a small labels on a record on the listening post... "featuring members of Arab Strap, Astrid, Belle & Sebastian, Eva, Mogwai, Mull Historical Society, Snow Patrol, V Twin" - I immedeately skipped the Gira-album and bought the title called "Y'all get scared now, ya hear!" instead (It's late in the month£- ya know) I have to admit... I'm embarrased. After the wonderful multilayered beauty of Snow Patrol's latest album - the deep, dark soul within Arab Straps  The Red Thread and good 2001-efforts by both Astrid and Mogwai this is just not to believe. Despite the wonderful last minute of "If There Is I Havent Found It Yet" and the wonderful up-to-standard "Sting", the album is filled with too low-key and boring performances from some of the most talented musicians these days.
Just my opinion after four listenings...;
And now the recommendation: Has anybody heard of Lift To Experience?... I think that they maybe have made the album of the year; It's the power of GYBE, the beauty of Jeff Buckley and the beast of My Bloody Valentine put into one conceptual album of both borrowed and new developed genius.

So much from Denmark this time...

PS: Does anybody knows, when the B&S music from the new Todd Solondz film will be released?

So long - and don't get scared now, ya'all
John