Sinister: The Freeloader Section

The Hodottir hodottir at xxx.com
Tue Sep 25 13:07:14 BST 2001

Hiya Folks

It's been ages since I posted.  It was around the 11th of September I was
thinking about it, then the world stopped, so did I.

Not that it's all better now, but I know I'm not alone in the determination
for those who still have life to get on with living it.

That's what me, Joe, Flo and Sam did last night when we, thanks to a miracle
by the great God Gratis, went to see 'The Thing' concert at the Royal
Festival Theatre.  The Reindeer Section headlined, although typically they
insisted that was a twist of scheduling, but since the run-up acts
(Spearmint, Simian, others I forget) were clearly practising to be as good,
it was no accident.

The Reindeer Section, line-up reading like a job-centre database c.1992
proved themselves to be well worth their giros as they ebbed and flowed from
pop through folk to rock.  As Flo noted, the final product sounds more like
a cheerful Arab Strap than anything else.  Unfortunately, as yet I don't
even know who's in there, although I gather B&S, Arab Strap and Alfie are
all represented, and none of them is called Rudolf.

Whatever, it's a perfect recipe for the ultimate folk soupergroup, and
there's an irish fellow up front who prefers to finale in the nude.

Let's all do our research here, and bombard The Reindeer Section with our
snowballs of support.  There's lots of them now, but they're gonna be even
bigger, methinks.

Yey new music and free tickets!

Because we're worth it,
Miss Ho the Hodottir x