Sinister: i'm just your average...thundercats...ho

Desmond Torpey boyfreind_in_a_coma at xxx.com
Tue Sep 25 18:27:43 BST 2001

hello :)
...hmmm..this is the first real oppurtunity i've had
to post in a couple of weeks..i never thought full
time work would be such a full-time job...i barely
have time to go home and sleep before i'm up again and
braving the wrath of disgruntled book club
customers...people can be so RUDE sometimes...i dont
mind so much though..it feels satisfying in a strange
way..winters coming but i know i'm actually working
towards something, saving up money and then going off
to see the world for a while..staying in this town for
a few more months doesnt seem so bad right now..i'm
actually looking forward at the minute..ready for some
kind of adventure..wow..i'm being really positive
:)..i'm off sick today though, being comforted by the
strange electronic sounds of the new hefner
album...its quite nice i think...but maybe they're
trying a bit too hard to take a different
direction...listing all the gadgets they used to make
the album on the inside cover is surely not
neccessary...there really is no need when you can come
up with such fantastic records as the fidelity wars...
...i liked the story about the belle and sebastian
club night in Greece...i always seem to attract
sketchy old men too...i dont think they find me
attractive so i can only assume they see me as a
kindred spirit, a fellow nutcase they can discuss
matters of the world with which is a bit
worrying...maybe i just radiate wierdo vibes..last
weeks paticular lunatic was an allegedly hardcore
religious fanatic who didnt drink, smoke or swear (it
must have been his night off) who kept telling me how
swedish people play the guitar and calling me 'rock
and roll man yeah' and accused my friend of being a
native indian who was wearing special contact lenses
to hide 'the evil red' in his eyes...in my own small
way i had a little b+s club night of my own though
when i persuaded my ska-punk loving friend to play 'le
pastie de la bourgeoise' at his dj night...admittidley
it was just as everyone was leaving and the looks on
the faces of the fourteen year old skater audience was
enough to curdle milk...but i smiled and danced
anyway...i felt like an elderly uncle 'grooving' at a
wedding...
..on the subject of the reindeer section...i cant help
loving the album...keeping in mind that it was
recorded in two weeks (i think) with assorted
musicians who have vastly different styles of playing
and making music i think it was a pretty succesful
experiment..there are more than enough decent songs on
there to warrant buying it...it could have maybe been
trimmed down by a few tracks..but 'nytol' and
'firebell' and 'will you please be there for me' and
many others make it one of the best albums i've
purchased this year...but thats just me...so actually
dont bother buying it...i have terrible
taste..hmmmm...i think i've gone on too long..
ta ta :)