Sinister: Feminist Chicks Dig Me

Intellectualvoid at xxx.com Intellectualvoid at xxx.com
Wed Sep 26 06:59:15 BST 2001

Hello All.

Very well said John, and lovely subject line, by the way.  I happen to have a
swell picture of this sinister looking cat wearing a t-shirt that says the
same thing.  How bizarre is that?

Kudos to everyone who made it to the picnic.  And everyone who *made* the
picnic.  Kayla, that pasta salad was a thing of beauty, and the sinister
cake. . . well I've got a fine picture of that masterpiece somewhere, if I do
say so myself.  One of these days I'll actually hook up my scanner and get
those pics posted in a conspicuous place, for all those who care to witness
the glory of the San Francisco Sini-Picnic.  It was glorious, and good to
meet you all.  Even, and especially, the lovely non-sinister Christina who's
brilliance shone through when she suggested we eat the sini-cake to A Century
of Fakers.  Never has a cake had a finer, more apt, musical accompaniment.

Though I've not posted on the subject, I do want to say, now that the strange
fog of shock has lifted, that Sinister has been a remarkable place in the
past few weeks.  Not that it wasn't remarkable prior to the WTC crap, but, so
rarely do you find solace when it's truly needed, and I have to say, we're
one hell of a mailing list.  I do have a strange and abiding love for you
all.  A heartfelt *thanks*, followed by a sigh.

Cornflake Girl - woman!  You did well!  I wish I had a picture of you
onstage, you lucky girl.  Alas, I don't.  Good work nonetheless.

The shows were brilliant, of course.  Absolutely.  I won't go on about it.
But, I'm very very happy.

Well.  Back to studying.  Just a little missive to the masses.  And John, I
can't remember that book you suggested, something about . . . well, I can't
remember, can I?  It was right after Foucault.  If you can remember, let me
know offlist.

Much Sini-Love,
S.