Sinister: The Final Countdown

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Wed Sep 26 22:04:03 BST 2001

Hello everyone,

It is time for another of my mails.

I went to the Reindeer Section last Saturday, they were playing in Dublin's
Ambassador Cinema, where I saw the Star Wars films when I was small. As it
turned out I was the only person there who had paid to see them, the city
being awash with free tickets on the day, complete strangers liable to
approach you trying to them away. Audiences of freeloaders can often be
rather tiresome, inclined to pour drink into themselves and talk loudly
rather than pay attention, but thankfully these freeloaders seemed to be
acutally reasonably into the music. Which was nice.

The Section had had a lot to drink before playing, and many of them
continued drinking through the show. Belfast Bobby enjoyed many swigs from
his wine bottle, and Mr Snow Patrol kept telling us how drunk he was, which
was very helpful. He also moaned repeatedly about his crackly monitor, like
any of us gave two fiddlesticks. But when they actually played it was all
very nice, a kind of big, beefed up Snow Patrol kind of sound. I might have
to start thinking of the Patrol as actually being good.

Meanwhile, Aberdeen Dave said:
>Some of us like The Strokes and others don't.  Could we please just agree to
>that, and stop arguing over whether they're brilliant or awful.

Pshaw say I. There is no room for deviance on Sinister.

Through the magic of e-mail I was corresponding with fellow Dublin based
Sinisterite Grainne, and we were wondering whether there has ever been a
Dublin Sinister get together. I have my doubts as to whether there are
enough Sinisterlisters for it not to all be a bit sad, but I've come up with
a great potential thing for what we could do: get the DART to Bray and then
parade menacingly up and down the windswept seafront, go to the amusements
(to be amused) and then hit some ganky pub. I like it.

So is anyone on for it? And does anyone fancy a Dublin Sinister meetup?

party on.

DV