Sinister: pardon me boy is that the chatanooga chu llew?

Primitivepainter at xxx.com Primitivepainter at xxx.com
Thu Sep 27 06:00:34 BST 2001

*do i get a prize for the best headline ever?*
***********
film music
***********friday was funny ... physically and mentally i am feeling the worst i have felt in years...and yet i managed to relive one of the finest moments in film...the scene from "Gregory's girl" when Gregory's late for school and he's zig zagging through the playground hoping that noone sees him...it was great...i was an hour and a half late for work...and i zig zagged and crouched and dodged...and slipped into work without anyone noticing...no mean feat as there are security cameras everywhere! it made me feel better anyway...and lightened my mood...i have no control over world events...i only have control over my life...and sometimes that's debatable...i drifted out of school...i drifted into a job that i've remained in for 15 years...i drifted into bands without ever learning how to play...and now i find myself being the veteran of 2 albums...with another 3 all scheduled for release early next year...all under different names with different labels...the more people that !
take us seriously the more amusing we find
it...but don't get us wrong...we take the music we make deadly seriously...we just don't expect anyone else to...

****************************
love is stronger than death
****************************
the tragedy in america shocked me into a muted silence...shocked me so badly...and made me realise...how important your friends and family are...i've made a conscious effort to make sure the people that are close to me know that i'm always around...and some others that i thought were friends...well you live and learn as they say...i have read all of the mails and i have been overwhelmed by peoples compassion but i have also read other not so compassionate mails on certain other lists and i have been disgusted and especially ashamed of someone i actually knew or thought i knew and their lack of compassion and ignorance...you live and learn as i said...

******************
a lullaby for llew
******************
i have had a music free week or so...i haven't listened to anything...but luckily the spiritualized album has come out...so my punishment has ended...music i honestly believe can heal...its magical and can make you lose yourself into another place and to forget about everything for a while...and from time to time we all need that...i get the same feeling from books...and i received a timely parcel from my wonderful book mentor, laura llew...for a long while i have only read what she recommends...she has impeccable taste...so a humble thankyou to the llew...and on my favourite subject the lovely miss llew...i can announce that my entry for the L.L.T.T.C is finally completed...it shall be sent in the post as soon as humanly possible...its a corker by the way...i just thought i'd mention that...

*************************************
different strokes for different folks
The Strokes? best band in the world?...all i will say...if you think the Strokes are good wait till you hear The Music...but i'll say no more...musical preference is the choice of the individual...that's what makes us all unique...what a sad world it would be if we all liked the same thing...the key to it is tolerance...and respect...
i respect anyone that makes music...whether i like it or not...but Robbie Williams does test even my patience at times...

three djs and no M.C
and on that note i shall end this...if anyone is in london...myself and my colleagues shall be previewing our collective 3 albums by dj-ing at the spitz bar on saturday...there's a couple of good bands playing as well...and if anyone happens to be there...i'll be the solemn looking chap that's pretending to dj! well to give you more of a clue i'll be the short one out of the three of us, give me a nudge and i'll buy you a drink...and after that it'll be a mad dash across london to see the genius that is techno animal...
ta ta everyone...
                       love and peace to you all...
                                                              richard...i...p