Sinister: This isn't the smiths mailing list is it?

Sunset . sunnie_set at xxx.com
Thu Sep 27 23:53:40 BST 2001

Sitting there, togeher listening to the smiths. An end to the 5 years
refusal to listen. I don't know exactly what the reason for not wanting to
before, although a lot of it was to do with jealousy.
The music belonged to girls he had known before me, the music had filled the
age gap between us and the music had meant so much to him. I didn't want to
become something that he already was, or someone he had already known.
Through sheer stuburness I refused to listen.

Oh, but, sitting there like that. I didn't want this to end. Despite all of
the arguing, despite the fact he has a new girlfriend, despite the fact
have been wishing for him to leave for the last month or so. I just didn't
want this to end.

Tears clouded my eyes and I sucked hard at my cheeks. This was to be the
last time we would sit together in a house of our own.

He flicked through songs and told me a bit about the ones he liked , and a
bit about why. It was a hopeful faking of a new begining.  I could have
curled up with my head on his chest and listened to him breathe in and out.
Instead we sat upright barely looking at each other until the CD finished.

I don't know what will happen now, I suppose tomorrow he will get the keys
to his knew flat, and I suppose tomorrow I will come home to a bouncy dog
and no one else.

Well Take Care,
Rachel