Sinister: Oi you!, Yeah you in the Sari.

DansonHatcher at xxx.com DansonHatcher at xxx.com
Fri Sep 28 02:46:59 BST 2001

  I really like travelling but  think I can cross India off my map of 'places
to visit'.
        Not 'cos there's anything wrong with India, just that since starting
work on Monday       I feel I've been there now.

       Strangly enough, being the only person in the place who doesen't speak
fluent Punjabi is really fun, like if you get told to go and do something you
don't really want to do,   you simply make out you don't understand the  sign
language.
     This works really well so far 'cos a good 70% of the workforce are less
than brill at English themselves.
                 They have ways around this tho, you get a broom put in your
hand and shown the area that needs sweeping. Sadly this is universally
understood and the
      "me no understand Deli-slang" excuse is wearing thin.

-----------
    This B&S film soundtrack.
      I saw a poster in a local Record shop (the one I can't remember the
name of that's on main steet, Leicester, Maddie'd know) talking about "Belle
& Sebastian's first foray into the movies"or something like that, but this
poster looked quite old and though I can't remember what this latest film is
called I'm sure it was not the same one.
       Now, I may just be showing my usual cluelessness regarding things I
should know
    but do any of you know what film this is 'cos I'd love to know.

-------------------
       Meanwhile back in Calcuta.........
..........My actual job title is 'Machine Setter', so I'll basically go round
the factory keeping the machines in order. Which does little to decribe what
I've been told to do so far, apparently because I'm "still in training", Yeah.

     Mind you, I get to *talk* to some very pretty young ladies and I am paid
rather well.
        I can't complain too much.

           Until..

               ...SATURDAY, just two days away.
     I'm going to London 'cos some loony has offered me a job, it's like the
best job in the world. Cycle courier(ing)
        I watched this documentry about three years ago about these cycle
couriers in New York, this must have had quite an effect on me as ever since
I've wanted like mad to do It.

       Now remember, At about 11 o'clock Saturday morning I have my
interview, so everyone must sit in a state of perfect concentration whilst
crossing their fingers and wishing me luck and I do my bit, by offering BP
flapjacks and looking fit enough

      Will's picys are reet good too, except the one of me where I look like
a scarecrow with a stange Tony Blair style "hey people, trust me" grin.
    (it was rather chilly you see)
    Also I think, someone had a camera at the Manchester get together, It'd
be really good to see those pictures too. Go on, Go on... (repeat to fade)

    As usual.. If you've read this FAR you're an absolute STAR.
          James.*

      * Soon to be renamed Pravin, married with a Hareem of
three-wives-and-counting, often found cruising in his gold plated Nissan
Sunny and making out that "the Queen is Indian!!"