Sinister: my walkman appears to be full of hair...

gina titchener gltitchener at xxx.com
Fri Sep 28 17:28:56 BST 2001

This is probably pushing my luck, three posts in a month. But there is no
apology. It has been quiet on the sinister front today, and I will leap on
the chance to reach you all whilst your defences are down, like a small
kitten foolishly leaping on the lifeless form of a shoelace dangled infront
of its face.

My walkman was indeed full of hair and now it is not. Stevie was showing me
his ability to perform tremendous vibrato on wrong dream, but has calmed
down now. now the hair has gone.

I've met Stevie y'know. Unfortunately i have no photographic evidence of
this. What i do have, however, is evidence of Chris Jones Meeting  Struan.
and now you can see it too! it's rather a slow site, tho, so I only expect
those of you who really want to see struan's overexcited face to go to
gltitchener.freeservers.com to witness this. Plus those of you who want to
see isobelle looking lovely, next to a big truck.

The massive is snowballing again.
Stu Hallifax, with his new haircut (tho still hairy), appeared as if by
magic in vanbrugh pooter room, rather like the earwig i saw in here the
other week, and invited me out for a drink. i promptly gave him a false
mobile number and hid behind my monitor till he left. (Sorry about that stu.
hope you got my message with the correct one. )
I also saw f-b in borders, and again i hid.
Now we must wait for our leader, He Who Books Coaches, to return so we can
initiate samwalton(yeah!). Then. Then you will be. Sorry.

can one of the army of librarians on this esteemed list come and work in our
library please? it should be such a lovely place, and yet... and yet we
can't *breathe* in there. We need someone to give us air conditioning: let
the books breathe!

A James attempted to incite a riot by posting:
>There are layers to the songs, and many alternate ways they could be >taken
>(I don't think my takes on the songs are definite, just what they >seem
>like

>to me) and this too is part of the beauty of their simplicity.

>So let's talk, discuss all that rubbish I wrote up there, tell me >(and the
>list) what you think B&S songs are about, or what they mean to you

I would like to put my hand up and tell miss that *I* think magic of a kind
word is secretly disturbing too: "hey cut me loose, i'm feeling fine". this
sounds rather like someone has, well, tried to do themsleves in. yeah, they
want to stop now, so it's life affirming (!) but it's a bit close to the
bone, blunt, almost risque n'est pas? fookin love the song of course, but i
do try to ignore the words. the juxtaposition of that line and the joyous
music... blurh

the end of judy is a ****slap is sublime. it is the music of a picture, a
photo, of an autumn scene, a day like today, of red brick walls under yellow
leaves and sad late afternoon sunshine. It is the best thing on that ep.

the equally touching stacey asked two short questions amongst others, as if
short implied simple: "what do i want?" and "who am i?"
these are too big to answer. no-one ever can, surely. it is good to try tho.
it is important. it makes you human, the asking.
she also casually commented:it's tough being human, isn't it?
it's not just tough, it's huge. it's overwhelming. it takes so much effort!
nothing is ever simple in the so-called real world. the one we have created
as an obstacle course for ourselves with... what as the prize?

i should be outside in the beautiful sunshine whilst campus is still nearly
empty. i am losing the inspiration i was gifted by the walk here past the
school and the retreat*, the chestnut trees and latin grafitti**, the field
of horses and the buses of people. I can't agree with Joey, who said "the
surroundings shouldn't make you happy. You
should be happy in yourself, and the settings will compliment this." the way
the sun lit the boughs of the chestnut tree and let me see all the space and
life with in it lifted me like seeing an old friend. it is a wonderful way
to make yourself happy, seeking and finding the beauty in your every day
life and its scenery

I can't believe i've written so much! i'm sorry if you've read this far in
the vain hope of something worthwhile being written. i can only consume art,
i am not a creator of it like so many of you. thanks for being gosh-darned
grate sinister.

watch the idiot running
bye
love
gina

* the retreat is allegedly the oldest home for mental illness patients in
the country, and is right next door to the uni. one of its inhabitants said
hello to me today. he looked all old and simple and welcoming. i smiled to
him. and to myself.

** i love the grafitti here. some of it's in latin for godssake! eg 'cogito
ergo non satis bibivi', which  translates as 'i think, therefore i have not
drunk enough'.
my favourite is 'ah good, the sea'.
   it is such a happy phrase. the sea is fantastic.