Sinister: The Sundays

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sun Sep 30 15:12:13 BST 2001

Hi 1484,

By The Mark
Apologies for misleading anyone, but the report of Peter Miller's demise was
an exaggeration. Apparently although he did un- he has subsequently
re-subbed. I take back all that stuff I said about him. He's obviously just
trying to build the myth & fashion himself into a Sinister cult figure,
don't yu know?

The Hill For Company
Lawrence Mikkelsen just beat me to a recommendation to check out the new
Sodastream album. Maybe its my spanking new stereo but it sounds fuller and
the vocals clearer than its predecessors. On the first couple of listens you
think there aren't many strong melodies but its just that they're growers
and the whole thing builds to a dramatic climax with the last few tracks.

They're visiting Europe within the next few weeks & playing these gigs:

Monday October 22 ­ 12 Bar Club, London
Tuesday October 23 - La Guinguette Pirate, Paris with Life Without Buildings
Wednesday October 24 ­ Paradiso, Amsterdam
Saturday October 27 - Krefeld, Church
Sunday October 28 - Frankfurt, Dreikönigskeller
Monday October 29 - München, Club 2
Saturday November 10 - Tanned Tin Festival, Santander, Spain w/ Labradford,
Manta Ray, Mark Eitzel, Piano Magic and many more
Thursday November 15 - Madrid
Friday November 16 - Valencia
Saturday November 17 - Barcelona

So go & see what we're making such a fuss about in the flesh!

The Strokes
sound a lot like The Smoking Popes to me

Many Happy Returns
to Beans for his forthcoming birthday on Tuesday, which is apparently not
the only thing Arantxa would like to share with him :)

Props
to the pulchritudinous Princess Honey for all her hard work in restoring the
Sinister archives and photo pages. Now one can compare and contrast current
list content with that of four years ago again.

Reporting Back
Albeit very late, sorry. A couple of weekends ago a room above a pub off
Oxford Street hosted a Stylus event. Playing were The Relict (well, just
Innes Phillips actually), Jinx (spot the listee!), Bart (from the Cat's
Miaow) & The Pines (spot the P F).

Sinisterines/former Sinisterines present: Joe, Pam, Steady Mike, Sez, Chris
& Wendy Butler, Andy Dean, Madame Cholet, Carsmile Steve (who says men don't
gossip?), Kevan & Josh plus indie toffs like Alasdair & James from The
Clientele (with Daniel, one of their former drummers), Harvey Williams and
Amelia (plus another Marine Researcher).

All the acts played very enjoyable sets punctuated by the squealing of bus
brakes from the street outside. Alasdair thought that a couple of Dr
Pinefox's numbers were covers of classic songs. Say no more.

Apologies
to anyone I owe mail or other stuff to but its been all Corian(R) & ceramic
hobs round here for quite some while now.

Love,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK