Sinister: frank fontaine: abducted be aliens 1979

chris perriman room_30 at xxx.com
Sun Sep 30 15:38:03 BST 2001

i found this review of the moldy peaches at:
http://yaleherald.com/archive/xxxi/2001.01.19/ae/p15bmoldy.html

>Take Belle and Sebastian. Divide by zero, invert, hack to pieces. In the
>negative space left over is the Moldy Peaches.
>
>The anti-Belle and Sebastian: not a Scotch six but a Manhattan two, not
>lushly orchestrated but direct-to-four-track, not fey but scabrous. It's
>indie pop with a male/female vocal combo, sure—but that's it, except for a
>few mics overloaded to explosion, a shredding, fuzzboxed acoustic guitar,
>and a big boom of a drum set.

interesting.
i suppose they won't be playing the song 'new york city's like a graveyard'
much now.
that song just has too many lines in it which could cut close to the bone.
and primal scream won't be releasing 'bomb the pentagon'

this is my first post since the 11th of september
i was going to post that morning but then i knew that nothing i was going to
say had any value or meaning in the wake of those events.

on the 10th of september a friend of my dad's was sightseeing at the top of
the WTC

on the 12th of september i was in a metro station when i heard a policeman
say to his colleague 'there's one' refering to a young arab kid walking by
and then searched him.  the kid was doing nothing wrong, just walking from
his train to the street.

last week the mosque in my town had a flaming petrol can flung at it's front
door.
the mosque mohammed ali was married in incedentally.

some things are never right with the world but now moreso than ever, i feel.

i found all of your posts in the wake of the tragedy touching but could i
especially thank martha (mh843 at bard.edu), sophie tintori and carle groome
for their amazingly moving posts.

-----oO0=0Oo-----

wow, i wasn't meant to be so down so i'll end with some PF style
recommendations:

a quite good book is Whit by Iain Banks

a quite good (and amazingly twee) cartoon is Pablo the little red Fox - on
BBC Choice, please watch it

a quite good album is 'rings around the world' by the Super Furry Animals.
the vinyl version is especially good - side C (it's a double album) plays
inside out, that is you place the needle at the centre of the record and it
plays until the needle falls off the edge, fantastic; also included is a 7"
which just has one continuous groove on it so the few seconds of music on it
loops round forever in a cool melodic groove, truly FAB.

erm...
did anybody hear the Bearsuit session on john peel the other night? they are
the future of POP, i swear. and i heard about them first on sinister.  see?,
you are good for something after all.

are you cheered up again? sorry...
OOH! Look, the next post is by (put name of mystery sinisterine here) and
he/she is great!
go read it now, go on...

Pez*
p.s. pablo has a friend called fromage the frog.

p.p.s. Hello to phoenixx_ala our latest new list member
according to the sinister site

www.pez.com - the wonderful world of pez ;)

ivorytowers.8m.com - ivory towers records

www.drpez.com - Dr Pez, Spain's premier fish doctor (i think)