Sinister: the dirty word game

Aruni J beiaardhorse at xxx.com
Mon Apr 1 03:36:59 BST 2002

Another rainy Sunday draws to a close in the heart of Carolina. Easter--is
that why the list has been so quiet of late? Easter affects me less than
many other people since I'm a Buddhist and my school doesn't believe in days
off. Nevertheless, there was one memorable year when Easter, Passover, and
the Sinhalese New Year all fell on my birthday...'though that last probably
doesn't affect any of you, either. Five points* to anyone who can figure out
the year of the coincidence, and my birthday. (*cash value < 1/500 of 1
cent)

I was talking yesterday to a fellow fan who was amused by the fact that B&S
has a song entitled (My Girl's Got) Miraculous Technique. We proceeded to go
through our albums, making salacious puns on song titles. Try it. I
recommend it to you as a highly diverting activity. (and we didn't even
start on _Storytelling_)

...which reminds me that I was playing the dirty word game with 20 high
school students the other day (in health ed, people!). They had to come up
with as many names for human private parts as possible, after which we
taught them the proper names for those parts of the human anatomy. I know I
haven't been 15 for several years, but wow. Slang changes. It's also a
little scary that their extensive knowledge of, er, carnal matters is
riddled with large gaps in understanding. Which is why we're teaching them,
of course.

Toy Stephen mentioned wanting to meet sinisterines in the flesh. (er...)
Ditto here. Stop by for rice and curry if you're in the area. Don't
worry--I'm not as bad a cook as my mother thinks I am.

~aruni