Sinister: Unofficial Edinburgh Picnic 2002 Summary

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Tue Apr 2 12:30:28 BST 2002

good morning.. tis blearyberry here....

LAST NIGHTS GIG was soo good!

The picnic was a success, Thanks to Sweetie for being
the Fun Co-ordinator. Roughly 20 or so people turned
up at various stages.

We started off at the Scots Monument, and hung around
for a bit before going off to the City Cafe.
Afterwards, we went to The Malt Shovel.

Some things from the picnic:

No football, but, Michael *officially* had the biggest
gob at the meet up. He fitted 7 cookies in his mouth.
Then promptly managedto dribble chewd up cookie mix on
my shoes.
Glad I didn't wear the trainers now, otherwise there
would be a dry cleaning bill being sent to that young
man this morning.

No football, I got some rather accusing looks, after
looking after the kitty of change (£8.10) from the
City Cafe, over an hour later (ok, maybe two) when I
hadn't bought the pitcher we'd decided on. Look, I
just like saving money, no crime in that is there?

No football, but we got a guided tour of Sweeties
piercings. The ones that she wouldn't get arrested for
flashing in public anyway.

No football, but there was much groping, and to be
honest, that was more fun, and you can sit down while
doing it with a glass of wine in your hand. Ken Chu,
you wish you were there.
So do we, cos our victims of random gropes stopped
coming near us after a while.
(me, breams, and pigtails)

No football, but half us wandered to the gig, via the
chippie. It was ace, actually pretending to be a
menacing bunch, and scaring pedestrians off the
pavements. Except one man. Only one man actually
walked straight through the middle of our gang of
hoodlums and ruffians. One man, could challenge the
mighty force of Idleberry's gang of deliquents. One
man, only one man, in an overcoat, was brave enough to
withstand the Sinister "homies".
And it took us a few moments, to realise it was Stuart
Murdoch. In fact, he'd walked straight past us, and it
was pigtails who realised. I didn't think t was, I
just thought it was some random old bloke, and lets
leave the poor old man alone, eh?
So we shouted at him, and he gave us a wee wave, and
we all giggled like a bunch of thirteen year old
girlies queueing up outside a record shop to see a
boyband. Well, Pigtails did.
We would have seen him properly, if we weren't all
looking at the ground having had too much to drink
(myabe that was just me) and if he didn't look like
someones dad in that overcoat.

If only Mr Murdoch would wear his skin tight t shirt
more often than the overcoat.(its lovely! I bet when
its cold you can see his nipples properly- you really
can see his chest and its very defining on his
sholders and upper arms even when you're standing
miles away. God knows how he managed to get the thing
back on after our night of passion- I dunno, I left
him early in the morning, I had things to do, you
know. I can only think he might have helpers to
squeeze it on. Either that, or he spray paints it on)

some of the Songs played: ( I know you like these
lists)

Lazy Line Painter Jane
The State I am In
You made me forget my dreams
Don't leave your tights on baby
The Model
Wrong Girl
Legal Man
Dirty Dream Number 2
Seeing other people
Waking Up to Us

various songs from the new soundtrack album thing.

cover version of Brown Eyed girl

I can't remember what else.. if anyone else has songs
to add, please do.

Cheers
snogs and gropes
Idles