Sinister: And Lo! Robin was smote from the heavens!

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Wed Apr 3 10:17:10 BST 2002

Last night I was struck by lightning*. Well, my house was anyway. I was
watching A History of Striptease on Channel Four when there was a huge roar,
bigger than an elephant's sneeze. The telly went black and blue sparks began
to leap from the socket. At first I thought I was being smote by God for
thinking lustful thoughts, but as I've never been smote before I must have
been confused and it turned out just to be a bit of bad weather.

My dad told me to go outside with a torch and make sure the chimney was
still on. My dad's a bit paranoid about things like that. When there were
thunderstorms at home he always used to get us to sit in the nook under the
stairs. Well, he'd say, one day you'll be grateful. I just felt a bit
stupid.

Now, onto some PROPER content...

Belle and Sebastian have a new album out! here's a picture of it...

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005OM56.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

At first it reminded me of Sinister, then I realised that was just because
it was red. Then it reminded me of Fold Your Hands..., then I realised that
was just because of the two girls on the cover. I think I must be a bit
simple. It looks like the one on the right is doing a bit of needlework.
Maybe she’s making another hat. It's a unlucky how at first glance it looks
like its called Torytelling, isn't it?

There was an article about some Scottish tosspots in The Times, too

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-47-250645,00.html

Ooh! The kettle's just boiled!

Bye!

Robin

* "lightning" not "lightening", as i first spelt it. Apparently "lightening"
is:

"the sensation experienced by many women late in pregnancy, when the head of
the foetus enters the pelvis, of a reduction of pressure on the diaphragm."

Thankfully I wasn't hit by lightening. I'd have been a little worried if I
was.