Sinister: get out your dumplings; she said whilst eating a chicken!!

will haigh willhaigh at xxx.com
Wed Apr 3 11:22:44 BST 2002

hello there to everyone at sinister, i am trying as best as a can to report
back from the apollo in manchester.

The picnic consisted of 5 people sat outside a pub eating all of amy's
dairylea. well no, there was a bit more to it than that... we met up at
piccadilly just after 1 ish then proceeded into chorlton. we found a nice
pub called the horse and jockey, and sat on the green on the front of it.
the sinister gang was, nafees, amy, fiona and a bloke called anthony who
came to join us... and of course myself.
a few rather amusing sequences of events happened hereafter.
for some reason, amy thought that we could be feeding several orphanages, as
she brought more food than we could eat.
amongst this food included: 1 french stick, 1 LARGE pot of dairylea, 1 LARGE
bag of grapes, and 1 whole chicken!!! it might not seem like that much, but
this chicken was HUGE!
after munching through this feast we made our way to the dry bar in
manchester. Here we met up with BIG stu, and according to amy, hes got a lot
to fill!? also we met the ever so violent kay, shes lovely really...just
dont go near her head or mention her ex-boyfriend, its not a pretty sight.
so after being violently abused by kay, we went to the apollo. on the bus we
met a very strange woman, and as the phrase 'she said, eating a chicken' was
being used a fair bit, she started telling us a very good recipe for chicken
soup, she said, and i qoute ' you wanna get yer chicken in a pan and then
add yer carrots, then get yer flour and dumplings out....mmmmmmmmm'it was
ratherv amusing, we also saw a jesus look a like on the bus that was
actually a vibrator in disguise (as everytime it braked, we got a deafening
noise and really strong vibrations through our seats! we missed the support
band, but we were'nt really that fussed. and kay fought a way through the
crowds to get us pretty darn close to the front. i did try to get a setlist
for you, but unfortunatly, was unable. but i can remember some songs that
were played.

seeing other people
me and the major
im waking up to us
the boy with the arab strap
legal man (mixed with i am the resurection)
we rule the school
dirty dream number two
is it wicked not to care
string bean jean
sleep the clock around
like dylan in the movies
suspicious minds (elvis)

i cant really remember anymore...
but it was a brilliant night, and my first B&S gig, so i was well impressed.

so thanks to fiona for organising the picnic, it was fun.
thanks to
nafees
amy
kay