Sinister: Cogito Ergo Sum is rubbish

chris perriman room_30 at xxx.com
Wed Apr 3 14:56:56 BST 2002

>Ken wrote that it's autumn here in the antipode hemisphere. And I know that
>the summer's gone now that I can choose what clothes I'll wear, instead of
>always putting my white shirts and lightest trousers on or taking three
>showers a day!

i know how you feel fernando, but its the other way round here in britain.
now summer's on its way i can choose what i can wear; will it be the mogwai,
B&S, charlatans or new order t-shirt today instead of that old jumper or my
massive parka being the only thing people see me wearing.

some links for you (webcams are great!)

www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Earth/action?opt=-p
a live view of the earth from space using satalite images, this is
fantastic, you can sit there for hours watching dawn travel across the
globe, ooh look! all the lights in rio are turning on!

cam-i.switch.ch/login.cgi?t=j&ch=1&l=0
controllable camera in central zurich, watch the trams drive around or
follow random swiss people walk along by the river.

www.andieandmike.org/bubblecam-push.stm
the best thing on the net (apart from sinister obv.)
just by clicking a button you can send a stream of bubbles flying aroung in
a back yard in florida, this is truly captivating and alot more interesting
than it sounds, honest!

oooh, i'm so jealous of all you gig going people but i'm going to see mani,
clint boon and bez DJ tomorrow night to celebrate the release of the film
'24 hour party people' so that kinda makes up for it

what did you do on easter sunday? i attended a punk/hardcore/emo festival in
middlesbrough. 12 bands in 11 hours and a few of them were alright; jetplane
landing, cursive, appleseed cast. the best band were calneva, the singer
looks like eric bristow (for non brits, a big fat darts player) but this
didn't detract at all actually, catch them if you can folks!

do do de do  de do, puppy power
Pez*

------------------------
Important.  Antidisclaimer.  This e-mail is not and cannot, by its nature,
be confidential.  En route from me to you, it will pass across the public
Internet, easily readable by any number of system administrators along the
way.  If you have received this message by mistake, it would be ridiculous
for me to tell you not to read it or copy to anyone else, because, let's
face it, if it's a message revealing confidential information or that could
embarrass me intensely, that's precisely what you'll do.  Who wouldn't?
Likewise, it is superfluous for me to claim copyright in the contents,
because I own that anyway, even if you print out a hard copy or disseminate
this message all over the known Universe.  I don't know why so many
corporate mail servers feel impelled to attach a disclaimer to the bottom of
every e-mail message saying otherwise.  If you don't know either, why not
e-mail your corporate lawyers and system administrators and ask them why
they insist on contributing so much to the waste of bandwidth.
------------------------

>Ken wrote that it's autumn here in the antipode hemisphere. And I know that
>the summer's gone now that I can choose what clothes I'll wear, instead of
>always putting my white shirts and lightest trousers on or taking three
>showers a day!

i know how you feel fernando, but its the other way round here in britain.
now summer's on its way i can choose what i can wear; will it be the mogwai,
B&S, charlatans or new order t-shirt today instead of that old jumper or my
massive parka being the only thing people see me wearing.

fernando went on to describe his belief system and to me it kinda sounded
like he's an anti-jehova's witness; knocking on our virtual door asking
'have you ever really thought about no god'

and thats fine, i'm not the most religeous person in the world, i've hardly
ever been to church and i'm not even christened but i still believe there
may be some higher authority. and if there isn't