Sinister: Hello for the First Time

Ramesh Srivastava vote4dyer at xxx.com
Sat Apr 6 10:03:20 BST 2002

Hello all,

I've just been given permission to post, and am thrilled to do so after
watching Velvet Goldmine, which I find to be quite indulgent, yet enjoyable.
  I wanted to make an initial post that was thoughtful and lovely, but all I
can think about is my upcoming trip.  Tomorrow, I am off for Dublin, and
then to Edinburgh and Glasgow.  Let me take this opportunity to blatently
invite anybody who would like to meet up with me (I'm visiting
universities), and show what it's like beyond the youth hostel scene.  I've
already corresponded with a few lovely people.  I am anticipating a rather
long plane trip, but, ah, I have the assigned task of reading Portrait of
Lady, by Henry James, so I should be well occupied.  Chances are, I've
emailed many of you already about my trip, but such is life.  I'm fairly
chuffed, as I am planning to start a book club with a few friends from
school.  MY idea for the initial book is Kafka's The Trial.  Any other
suggestions?  Also, suggestions of places to visit in the cities mentioned
would be lovely.  last I was in Glasgow, I apparently turned the wrong way
out of the youth hostel, and ended up in some rather drawl bar strip by a
highway.  It seems that I missed a few things.  Hmmmmm...  So, I really am
not so myopic, or self-serving, I'm just incredibly excited.  Anybody
thinking of going to University at University of Glasgow next year?  Just
curious.  Does anyone have any opinions on studying Scottish Literature vs
English LIterature?  I've been weighing the pros and cons, and am a bit
confused.  Although, maybe their will be educational mobility, and I can do
a bit of both.  So, anyone who would like to, email me, and we might meet
up.  Thanks,

Ramesh (Remy-A nickname of sorts)