Sinister: Something to talk about.

James james at xxx.uk
Sun Apr 7 01:10:11 BST 2002

I wrote you a letter, but I think I won't send it because it's just
plain bad... no direction, no coherent use of English, not much. But
actually I think I will anyway. When are you coming down? Tell me when
you do or I'll just get angry.

Any great scoops for the Summer? That fabulous time of monumental
anti-climax when a little horn-shaped planet floated in front of a
small star and gave birth to a new millennial phenomenon. Anything
else, apart from the glorious advent and ignominious departure of
summer itself, which never really makes stop press reading. As
predictable as disasters, I think, but just tamer copy.

But anyway. I am "working" in Victoria at the moment, currently
sitting in a basement in Soho, eating a white chocolate muffin. Again,
the eternal naive heartbreak when one discovers all the chocolate
chips were on the top. I am criminally happy and healthy, overdosing
on a million shocks to the system everywhere I go. Like I've been
watching fuzzy black and white TV all my life and suddenly wandered
into an Imax cinema. I really, properly love it here.

Referring to the mention of the album cover design competition, I am
forwarding a link with a little something I've knocked up. I would
attach the graphic, but I'd rather not burden your modems with any
unnecessary strains.

http://www.poprevolution.co.uk/ubscarscabs/

I own the rights and I say 'Yes!', Del Monte style. All terrorists are
welcome and thanks for the mention. I now realise that I was the one
with all the talent and he was just sponging off my ideas. He was a
hanger on.

I was nearly robbed of my sanity on the way back to work on Thursday,
stuck in the middle of a gaggle of 16-17 yr olds who spent the entire
journey arguing about who was to sit where, and constantly moving
about. Too many E numbers? Or just the extreme nervousness that comes
with late adolescence? Actually it was quite funny, I can remember
being like that with my friends at that age, it's all so exciting.

Today I was bought a hot spicy pseudo exotic chilli meat pizza, which
I ripped to shreds in public so I could make the public jealous. My
friend once said that the supermarket was the new rock 'n' roll. Maybe
she is correct because I enjoy getting nice food, staying at home and
cooking it than any thing else. With strippers. And crack.

I kinda miss you and it's tiring and physically my seams have rotted,
but things are good. So far you've not broken your promise - it's been
a pretty year. Jeremy Paxman took me out to dinner at The Ivy. What
restaurants do you eat at?

I should stop now and sleep. That sounds attractive. Keep in touch,
you're ok really, aren't you... Be pure, be vigilant, behave.

--
James Mitchell (james at chachacha.co.uk)

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
revolution inevitable"