Sinister: Gin to artifice bears the same relation as tears to mascara

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Sun Apr 7 16:07:37 BST 2002

Hey, tweekids, check this out!  It's your very own B&S cross stitch kit!

http://sewkits.co.uk/belle.html

I went to National Pop League not long ago and kept noticing people
staring at mes pieds.  Now, I have come to realise that my slender ankles
and delicate tootsies are a foot fetishist's dream come true, but this was
a different kind of stare.  Could it be because I was out in my killer
three and a half inch stillettos?  I had a quick glance about at the
chosen footwear of the other chicks on the dancefloor.  A pair of mary
janes here, some pointy flat pumps there, but overwhelmingly... trainers.
C'mon, girls, let's bring some glamour to Glasgow, eh?  Tsch.  Hello to
Spacekid and Anna (?) and everyone else who was there and Chrys Lyrnrd,
who snuck off before I got a chance to speak to him.  Be warned, next time
there will be no escaping me.  Mwah ha ha!

The Edinburgh gig was good, if rainy.  We got all wet walking to meet
everyone, then got all wet going to meet Lixi (well, who wouldn't?) and
then decided a taxi was in order.  Gordon was a darling and bought my
extra ticket.  I spent all day wondering why on earth I had a spare,
before realising it was provisionally for Richard John Gillanders Who Is
In The Czech Republic (RJIWIITCR).  How I could have forgotten that RJG
was ITCR I don't know, as he seemed to be repeating his travel plans ad
nauseam before he left, but there you are.  Anyway, back to the gig.  A
lot of us stood in the back corner and through energetic dancing managed
to clear a space in which to generally go bonkers and stuff.  Then they
played String Bean Jean, which is MY FAVOURITE B&S SONG AND I'VE NEVER
HEARD IT BEFORE!  And then somebody, who shall remain nameless, asked if
it was a new one.  What?!  I thought you all had the EPs.  If you don't,
buy them now.  I insist.  They're as good as the albums, really, honestly.
 In some places, better.  Lecture over.

So, I finally have a job which begins tomorrow and my days of perfect
housekeeping will be over.  However, I might be able to read sinister
during the day without giving pound coins to Easy Everything, which would
be great, wouldn't it?  I love you lot.

Juicy Lucy x

ps. What do Ailsa Watson and Rumplestiltskin have in common?

=====