Sinister: Scenes from Dublin

Ramesh Srivastava vote4dyer at xxx.com
Mon Apr 8 13:09:47 BST 2002

So, I am in Dublin and rather enjoying it.  Some jet lag, but mostly OK.  I
did make an excursion to go pub crawling last night, but as it was Sunday,
that ended back in the hotel, where I chatted with two fellows, one from
Sheffield, the other from Birmingham.  One of them sells 'natural' breast
enhancement cream, and an electrosonic footbath which pulls toxins out of
the body through the feet.  He said that people begin with clean, warm
water, and often end up with a pool of sludge, including small black worms.
At that point, I extinguished my cigarette, and headed up to bed.  Also,
last night, I got a real bit of hospitality when I was offered a flower by
two terrifyingly masculine boys with their terrifyingly feminine dates.
Wow.  I just shyed away with a smile and kept on walking.  Then, one
pronounces very loudly, IS that a guy or a girl?  Tactful.  I wasn't in
drag, I wasn't even dressed questionably.  I thought I had left that
mentality behind in the states, but I suppose not.  I'm not that bloody
androgenous!  Oh well, fuckers.  But, anyway, I suppose I shall go out now
and look at theatre options for the night.  Oh yeah, something else nice
happened.  So, I woke up this morning and went to get breakfast.  Post
breakfast, I was through the television options, and I came on a house and
garden improvement show called Trading Up, on the BBC.  Last summer, going
from London to Glasgow, I had been sitting, reading, when I noticed these
two men, straing at me, talking about me, and making general commentary, in
between mobile phone calls.  It was actually a bit creepy, but I'm usually
up for flattery from most any creature.  SO, whatever, I thought nothing of
it.  Back to the television, low and behold, it was these two fellows
hosting the show.  They did a lovely number with a sort of farmhouse bit,
however, the prospective buyer refused to make an offer.  Anyway, there's
that story.  I must go and pursue my near future.  I've got to call a fellow
in Liverpool, where I might audition this week.  Maybe i should play a Belle
and Sebastian tune?

Cheers,
Remi