Sinister: not another picnic report (sort of)

fiona mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 9 13:34:52 BST 2002

hey kids,

 		so... i meant to report back about meetup / gig stuff that
happened last week ages ago, but i've been busy failing job
interviews and waiting for the plumber (who still hasn't come and
we've had no hot water since last tuesday). it seems that everything
there was to say has been said, but i'll just add that it would be
wise to remember to never leave will haigh in a room alone with chewy
sweets and dairylea...eugh.

  i also need to assert that mr c. geddes is the nicest man in the
whole world, he spent a good ten minutes running round the appollo
waving his laminate at anyone who would look in an attempt to get me
and mat (who incidently was in the year above ben apps at school -
fact!) past the bouncers and into the backstage area. once we were in
it was something of a disappointment, i think keats would have
muttered something about unheard melodies being sweeter, but then we
clearly wouldn't be allowed into the really secret inner sanctum
where struan keeps his drugs and whores.

  oh, i was quite determined not to make this another reporting back
post as i've just read about fifty such things, so i'll just mention
how after the gig i danced until i couldn't breathe anymore, and how
much i ached in the morning.

   its also nice to have heard the chicken related story of what
happened on the bus. i always miss the best bits. but there was
serious drinking to be done and i secretly knew it would be just as
cheap to get a taxi.

  some people said things in posts that i meant to comment on, but
i've completely forgotten what any of them were which is always
handy, so i'll leave you for now,

love and humous,

fiona.