Sinister: Aural Sex

Michael Ashbridge MTJ.Ashbridge at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 9 12:05:42 BST 2002

Has anyone else noticed how the start of Fuck This Shit sounds like the start
of Last of the Summer Wine? Will wee stu end up like Compo? It's enough to
bring tears to the eyes.

http://pages.vpro.nl/3voor12/events/motelmozaique2002/index.shtml?2534202+567910
4+5681685+6011200

- Our Dutch friends have reviewed the Rotterdam gig *and* thrown up live
streams of the concert. Quality recordings, mind you. No aural crap from our
continental cousins. Obviously a very friendly liberal lefty pinko commie
bastard of a sound engineer, bless him, willing to share.

Dial-ups will have to hum what they remember of their own concert. This one's
for the badass

The eagle-eyed among you will have spotted that the Dutch for TWEE is, oddly,
TWEE. And, if you read the entire thing out loud in a Swedish-chef-esque Dutch-
type accent, you'll see it was a great review, full of delight and praise.
Better than the shite written in the Brit press anyway.

Oh, and if you listen very carefully during I'm Waking Up To Us, you can hear
wee Isobel calling Struan a "cunt", thus clearing up the mystery of her
feelings on that subject. (No, really. You have to listen hard. I think I
strained my ear muscle, but it's definitely there.)

Bonus extra: I'm only realising it's completely unedited. I'm listening to Stu
chatting to the string players. They're all wearing specs and he's asking if it
was a group decision or if it just happened. He hates it when the backing
people look better than the band. "It's shit," apparently. "You should all be
holding saxophones or something."

I'm still waiting for them to pun Mr Chu on-stage. It's only a matter of
time...