Sinister: Careless Tour Costs Lights

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Apr 10 09:26:55 BST 2002

Thanks for all the Reporting Back. Nice to see that B&S are still playing
too quietly. This practice has been defending in the past because, "for
fuck's sake, there are people playing triangles, for fuck's sake!" I was
hoping that this time round they'd have replaced the triangles with a huge
gong, like my favourite group, Led Zeppelin. But nothing could have prepared
me for their replacement by an entire steel band. Or perhaps it was an
attempt to please community elders in Brixton.

I've been listening to the 1997 B&S performance in Barcelona. It certainly
brings back some great memories. In fact the memories are better than I
remember it. There's a looseness, innocence and joie de vivre which has all
but been extinguished in recent releases. It's certainly revived my
interest. So thanks, Big Bootlegger.

The artwork for TORI  SPELLING reminds me of Strawberry Switchblade, which
reminds me of Young and Foolish, which reminds me of The Duke, which reminds
me of Life Without Buildings, which reminds me that WE ARE DOOMED TO SPEND
ETERNITY TOGETHER even if we unsubscribe. No wonder nobody wants to play for
ILM.

I am looking forward to Neil punching that chap's lights out. I'm surprised
anyone even dares to go backstage.

I suppose you've all discussed the new Monica Queen LP and Looper's
appearance on the Vanilla Sky soundtrack to death, so I won't say anything.

Here endeth the most artistically valid comeback since Echo and the Bunnymen
got Liam Gallagher to do backing vocals.

Sister Disco