Sinister: No, but I've got a dark brown overcoat

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Thu Apr 11 15:59:51 BST 2002

JOHNNY BALLS

Well done, David Moore for posting that article. Quite the most revealing
thing I’ve read since “Johnny Balls Reveals His Balls” an, erm, educational
pamphlet I once read.

The review in the Indy made it sound as if the gig was almost empty. I don’t
suppose Stuart would mind, though - it means less tidying up afterwards.

I WON’T PLAY ANOTHER HEAVYWEIGHT, I WON’T PLAY ANOTHER BIG JOHN SHAFT

Mr Moore also asked;

>Another question, to anyone who has seen the film "Tory Spelling": is there
>anything in it >that would have inspired Sru-Anne to think of an
>acupuncture theme for the soundtrack >album cover?

Not that I can remember. However, I have been listening to my copy of Big
John Shaft, which has been officially endorsed by Jeepster as “a bit ropey”,
and the lyrics do make more sense in context. It’ll work well as the last
song on the album. I won’t have a go at listing the lyrics here, because a
lot of them are drowned in talk and dancing, but it won’t be long now
anyway, will it?

<<KEN CHU IS NEARLY A CULT>>

Yeah. Just one letter out, har har!

FORESKIN

<<ps. What do Ailsa Watson and Rumplestiltskin have in common?>>

I once read that Rumplestiltskin actually means Wrinkled Foreskin in olde
english. So when he story was written it was a bit of a joke that he was
ugly and smelly and looked like a wrinkled foreskin. Not that this has
anything to do with Ailsa, of course, let me hasten to add.

BERTIE BASSETT

We spent our lunchtime talking about Bassett’s Liquorice Allsorts. I went
out and bought a box. Here’s my definitive ranking:

1. The pink or blue aniseed ones, that look like little sequined hat boxes
2. The pink or yellow coconut ones, that look a bit like an octopuses’ eyes
3. The chocolate layered ones
4. The regular layered ones
5. The liquorice torpedoes, or comfits - they look like granny’s medicine
6. The black and white ones, that look like Felix the Cat’s fingers
7. Bertie sodding Basset

I ate a whole box of them and now i feel ill.

Goodbye

Robin