Sinister: debut...well, sort of

Marisa Privitera marisa_privitera at xxx.com
Thu Apr 18 18:00:51 BST 2002

"I always wonder how confusing it is for newcomers to
the list to become assimilated with all the inside
jokes and references that sinister
members seem to bat around with ease."

Well, I like to think of it as if I were in a room
with people who's language I knew well enough to get
every other word.  Its requires a lot of smiling and
nodding.  Then slowly, the longer your there, the more
you get it.  One thing I still can't though, is what
is all the  fuss about Mr. Chu...is he the new alpha
male?  Sorry Ken, I just don't get it.

Speaking of Newbies.  I realized I never really
introduced myself.  I've been on the list off and on
since last year.  I have to admit reading all the
posts has been a bit like heroin.  It was single
handedly responsible for destroying my productivity at
work . Well okay, so I wasn't that productive to begin
with...but still, I had to get clean and stay off for
a while.  Now, as you can see, I'm shamelessly off the
wagon.
I'll be better this time and not lurk so much though.
Promise.
xo,
marisa