Sinister: Out of the nursery and into the mainline

Salako * ann_septimus at xxx.com
Thu Apr 18 23:44:05 BST 2002

Hey everybody!

I just got out of the nursery the other day, and so this probably isn't even
going to hit the mailing list because I am an idiot and don't really know
how to post yet, but I'll give it a shot.

As I am a newbie, in answer to Laura's question... I'm learning fast, but
still am thrown by a few of the jokes.  Ken, please explain yourself and
your cult to me... I'd love to get in on this :P.  The song "There's Chu
much love" was fab, though.

In the movie(and book) High Fidelity, John Cusack asks "am I miserable
because I listen to pop music, or listen to it because I am miserable?" or
something like that.  My query: have I become more of a ballsy outsider
because I listen to Belle & Seb, or do I listen to them because I am one?
Yesterday I flipped off a group of the biggest most powerful jocks in my
High School... could not believe it until after it happened... I think it's
because I listen to "Expectations" and "Lord Anthony".  Or am I just a sad
loser looking for trouble?  They were beating up on a retarded kid, though.

Well, This is my experimental post to the Sinister list.  Hope all enjoyed
my little ravings :P.  I am so insanely jealous of anyone who has actually
gotten to go to even one B&S gig, though... they just don't play the West
Coast, and when they did... all the planes were down from Sept 11... good
luck,eh?

Ishka bibl!

Ann