Sinister: simple text

Carmellie carmellie at xxx.com
Fri Apr 19 16:39:53 BST 2002

This is going to look like a forwarded message because it
didn't go through the first time and I'm copying it from
the error message I got....sorry!

Hey Ann and welcome!
> <<In the movie(and book) High Fidelity, John Cusack
asks "am I miserable
> because I listen to pop music, or listen to it because
I am miserable?" or
> something like that. My query: have I become more of a
ballsy outsider
> because I listen to Belle & Seb, or do I listen to them

because I am one? >>

> You know, I was asking myself that question just
yesterday.  A lot of people ask me why I listen to such
"depressing" music--well, I don't find it depressing.
Have I
just warped myself into thinking that it's somehow
uplifting, even though the lyrics and sometimes music
sounds
really dire, or am I just a "depressed" person, so
everything
sounds less pitiful than me?  I don't know.  it's an
interesting question.  It's like, what came first, the
chicken or the egg?  I got nothin'.

> <<Yesterday I flipped off a group of the biggest most
powerful jocks in my
> High School... could not believe it until after it
happened... I think it's
> because I listen to "Expectations" and "Lord Anthony".
Or am I just a sad
> loser looking for trouble? They were beating up on a
retarded kid, though.>>

> What an arse.  I can't believe people still do things
like that--beat up on kids to exhibit their *dominance*
over other people....it's just sad.

> Exciting thing for me!  My friend made me a Looper cd
out of the blue and she didn't know that it was an ex-B&S

member.  And the cd is black on the back!  Has anyone
seen these things?  it's pretty cool looking.

> Well, I'm off for now!  Hooray for Friday!
>
> Carmel

=====
"finally there is clarity: this tiny life is making sense"
--Death Cab for Cutie