Sinister: One man and his picnic?

Paul Field professorpaulo at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 19 17:41:35 BST 2002

On this date in history, Paul Field, ignoring the
sword and resisting the pen, struck a new deal with
his keyboard

Well, I am crawling out from under my shell just to
point out the the london sinister maseev hasn’t had a
picnic since the Dmitra birthday celebrations which
was a month or so ago, so there should be another one
soon, right? There were rumours of a brighton event
once again, but that seems to have been pure
speculation. So, I hereby announce at short notice –
London picnic, primrose hill, 27th April. OK kids?
Good. Oh, 2pm or thereabouts. You all know the routine
by now, don’t you?

I know it’s not going to suit everybody but no date
will. So it’s then. Sorry if you can’t make it. But it
is the weekend after ATP, and I am not going there so
I will be wanting to catch up on all of the gossip and
scandals and find out what everybody’s new nickname
will be.

By the way, does this actually mean I have to be a
picnic daddy? I don’t think it’s a good idea. I might
not be there till 4pm myself as I am lazy. And call me
strange, but I really don’t want to give my mobile
phone number out to the world. Not that I don’t trust
you, of course not!

Also I quit smoking yesterday so I am likely to be too
grumpy to organise things.

OK, I will just come out and ask – does anybody else
fancy taking the reigns for this one? Go on, be a
darling.

Yep. That did actually take 15 minutes. I have
withdrawal shakes.

Tatty-bye.
Paul.