Sinister: stories that go nowhere

Bron elf-angel at xxx.com
Fri Apr 19 11:11:01 BST 2002

dear sinister

i've run out of cabernet and am feelin quite
sober on this cooler midwestern afternoon.  a
couple friends and i meandered up to lake
michigan hoping that perhaps as the day somer-
saulted on by the wind would take a breather and
let us run freely, flinging our arms in
helicopters of liberation.  but no.  the wind
protested in chilly violence that it would stay
put.  so instead of running around in over-
exaggerated leaps of youth, we laid out our
towels and blankets, zipped up our cardigans,
and fell asleep for minutes on end.  it wasn't
exactly "fun in the sun" (at least it was
sunny), but it made do...we got off campus, that
was the point.  the heated sand sifted in and
out of my toes like a good massage.  the message
of the less-than-motivated waves of the lake let
me know that it's fine.  'it' was not exactly
defined, but 'it' was fine.  and i nodded with
squinted blue eyes of lazy fatigue.

that's all i wanted to say.

---your mountain mama sweetheart  X

"The differences between what you hope