Sinister: no more rhymes now i mean it!

Miss Marianna Longmire mary_goodshoes at xxx.com
Sat Apr 20 10:52:20 BST 2002

Anybody wanna peanut?

Sweet, sweet Andre the Giant. Who is, incidentally, running around the
corrirors of the Middlesex Hospital in London.

Walking down Tottenham Court Road after work yesterday, I saw an elderly man
cycling along one of those marvellous old push bikes. He was wearing a tweed
jacket complete with leather patches on the elbows and, most pleasantly, he
had a spinning carnival flower on the handlebars that was spinning in the
breeze. It was the most beautiful sight I had seen all day and it made me
smile.

As did those lovely chaps from Sodastream who were recently playing in
London. I saw them once, despite being at all three gigs. Damn those
alcoholic beverages. So yeas, Sodastream. Were. good. Great in fact. It had
been such a long time since I saw them last; I was filled with a strange
sense of surrealism as Karl's voice transported me back to Perth. Standing
there in the Spitz, I thought I was in the cosy surrounds of the Grosvenor
front room with my chums of old, marvelling at the band's brilliance and
discussing whether or not Perth had the greatest local bands in the country.
The consensus? Yes. Now however, Jebediah, Red Jezebel and Team Jedi aren't
rocking my lace socks quite as much as they once did. Bless. Sodastream, on
the other hand, inspire me to get all giggly and chat to them drunkenly
after the show. Apologies.

About a month ago, I moved into a new abode. I like it. Lots. I like the
fact there is a chap who lives upstairs and blasts music out of his windows
every weekend from 8 in the morning. And surprisingly it's not irritating.
Well, not yet. You see, it's an odd assortment of music from '60s soul to S
Club &. A few weeks ago on a spectacularly warm Sunday morning, I was
walking along the road towards my house and Percy Sledge was his artist of
choice. The rays of the sun were streaming down on the footpath and the kids
were out palying in the streets -  the boys were having a kick about, the
girls jumping rope as their braids bounced about. It was a strange moment of
joy and for the first time, I felt like London was home. My mood however
soon soured as he began playing Annie Lennox. Curses.
Faith has been restored though, as the other week saw him playing a
collection of Destiny's Child's greatest hits - Jumpin' Jumpin', Survivor,
Nasty Girl, Say My Name etc. Bootietastic.

There was some talk a while ago about Spearmint. They're playing again on
Monday at the Borderline in London. With Saloon. Yay! Spearmint are grand,
adn Shirely has a sexellent array of stripey jumpers. Mmm.

xx Marianna

Ooh, I forgt to mention that Mao is THE GREATEST CARD GAME EVER!