Sinister: Mr. Savage!

Fernando Brito fbrito at xxx.br
Sun Apr 21 23:37:53 BST 2002

Every time I start reading a book the first thing I do is open its last
page and read its last phrase. Of course it never makes any sense. But I
think it's inciting, like a skein, I have one end in my hand but I can only
get to the other one if I am dedicated enough to uncoil it!
One day I got this book, which I admit I stole from my school's library,
and there was the most intriguing last phrase I've ever read:

"Slowly, very slowly, like two unhurried compass needles, the feet turned
towards the right; north, north-east, east, south-east, south,
south-south-west; then paused, and, after a few seconds, turned as
unhurriedly back towards the left. South-south-west, south, south-east,
east."

Reading Ken's last post reminded me that book...

Ken's self explanation (and you, sinister witnesses, would better save it,
for one day it will be like the Dead Sea Scrolls, and your grandchildren
will thank you for the fortune they got by selling it to the Natural
Sciences Museum or whatever it's called where you live, and move your bones
to a better grave!) shows that this whole situation is so out of his
control that, (un)fortunately, there's nothing else he can do. Unless he
gets as desperate as Mr. John "Savage" and take an extreme attitude, what
would surely soothe his suffering, but also spread the cult even more, to a
point where the current Roman Empire will have to step in and chase his
followers like the Sinister Mailing List was called Al Qaeda!
So if I were you, Mr. Chu, I would patent the Ken Chu trade mark. You might
not get millionaire (what I resolutely doubt), but your children or
grandchildren certainly will. And if this list had, legaly speaking, the
same authority it has regarding to emotional affairs, I would like to
declare that I am not writing this with the hidden intention of, in the
near future, when you are rich, suing you for not paying me for this idea I
am now giving you. It's purely a friendly gesture, from sinister to
sinister.
And please don't think my Brave New World quote is some kind of advice or
anything! In our miserable old world there's still a lot of places where
you could hide. Remember Ronnie Biggs?!

Yesterday I had my first Dogma 95 experience (caramba! 7 years, it was more
than time!), the lovely danish film "Italian for Beginners". I really like
romantic comedies, like this one, or like those with Meg Ryan! I like any
non typical american movie, those in which there's always the good and the
bad ones. I like when everyone is good, and everything is joyful and
everyone is happy in spite of their troubles...

Alas! I like twee movies!

The previous twee movie I saw was Amelie Poulin, a very good movie as well!
Up to now I'm still trying to find and buy a red All Star (if you saw the
movie you'll understand, if you didn't you're a fool), and believe me, I
can't find a red All Star sized 42 (brazilian standard) in this huge city I
live! They always tell me the same: "They only bring one pair of that size
each time they come". It's been so long since I started my search that the
last time I've been to a store I had no choice but to buy an Adidas... but
I'm not giving up,
I WANT MY RED ALL STAR!!!

I would ask someone to help me and buy the sneakers, here it costs about 12
dollars or 15 euros, is it cheap? Anyway, I can't give you my address...
I'm moving!!
Possibly next week! My roomie asked me to leave!
Not really, actually it's been a couple of months since I told him I was
thinking about moving to somewhere else, and he asked me some time to find
someone to replace me. Last week he found my substitute, and she (the
substitute) has to move as soon as possible, so now I have to hurry and
find another flat. In fact I've already found it, a good one, only three
blocks from work, with an extra room where I I'll put my drums, when I buy
it!
I'm just waiting for my new roomie to see and aprove it, but he is
kardecist and every weekend he has to go to his parents town and take part
in his religion rituals, which involve the incorporation of spirits by some
people called mediums.
Anyway, he will only see the new flat next week, and I hope it's still
available if he aprove it.
Once more I'm leaving... I was born and lived in a tiny town until I was
18, but since then I've never been more than 3 years in the same place. And
here I go again...

Bad news... I'm not going to see Charlatans next Monday. I'm working on
that night... could they have chosen a worse day for a gig?!
I hope I can see Stephen Malkmus, I have a pair of tickets and I hope I'll
find a way to go to both gigs, but I'm not so sure, as I have this damn
project to finish, which was supposed to be delivered last Thursday, but
now I have no idea when we'll finish it. I think I'd better stop making
plans for a while.

This past week was kinda like an Ally McBeal episode in my work place.
There was a huge leak in the girls' toilets and we had to share the boys'
restroom with the girls. Not that great, girls and boys together were not
allowed, the only difference was that we had to lift the toilets' covers to
use them!

More about working... last week I put an adhesive stamp with the IYFS cover
on my computer at work. It's weird how people's reaction is almost the
same. Everyone that sees it says more or less the same: "Belle and
Sebastian?". I stare at them, waiting for some opinion, or any reaction,
but that's all, they just say "Belle and Sebastian?", and keep doing what
they were doing. I don't know if they don't want to say anything to avoid a
conflict of opinions, or if they'd like to say something like "this band is
great, I love'em!" but they're afraid I'll tell someone else that they're a
B&S fan!

Kisses & hugs,

Fernando Brito