Sinister: If You're Sealing Finisterre

Carmen Aad aadcarmen at xxx.com
Mon Apr 22 19:14:49 BST 2002

Hi List

I was in London this weekend and I picked up a flyer that was advertising a
night for the label that David was describing below.  It sounds quite good
and I wish I could go!  For those who are interested heres what the flyer
says:

93 Feet East, 150 Brick Lane, London
"May 1st EAT YOUR OWN EARS vs TRACK AND FIELD ORGANISATION
Hall & Gallery Bar 8 - 11pm £8
Eat your own Ears in collaboration with the Track & Field Organisation is
proud to present a coming out night for the Geographic label.  Geographic In
London offers an especially rare opportunity to experience MAHER SHALAL HASH
BAZ, the enchanted Japanese pop-psych outfit, led by TORI KUDO, one of the
most important figures to have emerged from Tokyo.  THE BILL WELLS TRIO, a
beautiful expression of the Falkirk-based composer's music.  Bill will be
joined by long-standing collaborator, ROBERT HENDERSON (trumpet) from
Teenage Fanclub and The Pastels respectively, NORMAN BLAKE (guitar and keys)
and KATRINA MITCHELL (vocals and perc).  Special guests are ex Jesus and
Mary Chain founders FREEHEAT playing a live set introducing SISTER VANILLA,
who recently debuted on the Geographic compilation.  A winning combination."