Sinister: A Perth Picnic

terry boyle tboyle at xxx.com
Tue Apr 23 05:24:08 BST 2002

Hello,

I thought I would post about the first official Perth Sinister picnic.  Twas a very humble affair, attended by myself, Jim, Helen and the English import Niko.

A slightly nervous me shyly approached a sinister looking bunch of 3 people who were sitting cross legged, looking dishevelled (apart from the well presented Helen) and sharing a salad in Central Park.  Names were exchanged,  then we went to the pub.
Beer was drunk, travelling stories were told, Withnail and I was discussed, Twisted Nerve was commended.  Luckily everyone agreed that Slow Graffiti was perhaps their favourite song, thus ensuring me some content.  We found that none of us really fits into our vocation (although I can see Niko in a bright pink shirt with "I dig Archaeology" or "Archaeology Rocks" written on it).  The Perthites proved to Niko that our city is just a big country town, and that everyone in Perth can be linked through just two degrees of separation.  He appeared to be suitably impressed.
Then, sadly, it was time to go home, safe with the knowledge that Sinister is a wonderful place.
Belle and Sebastian, bringing the world together.

Terry

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp