Sinister: Pickerty Nickerty

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 23 13:12:08 BST 2002

Ginger fox spewed forth:

because he had also said:
>does this actually mean I have to be a
>picnic daddy? I don't think it's a good
>idea. I might
>not be there till 4pm myself as I am lazy. >And call me
>strange, but I really don't want to give
>my mobile
>phone number out to the world.

SO, ANYHOO, it appears that i am now IN CHARGE, so this is now
officially my MOVING TO LONDON CELEBRATION PICNIC, which means things
will be done PROPERLY (ahem).

WHAT WILL HAPPEN

1)  meet at the SPREAD EAGLE on CAMDEN PARKWAY for 2pm on SATURDAY (none
of this poncy hanging around outside cinemas rubbish ;))

2)  faff about for a bit, buy BOUZE and CRISPS from unwins the off
licence (unless you are cunning and have bought some already)

3)  probably start walking up the hill about 2.30ish

4)  sit on the top of the hill, natter, play football (can someone bring
a ball pls), be smutty, DRINK and EAT, gossip (about YOU) etc

5)  get bored/cold/run out of bouze

time/falling over time.

NB:  should it be raining (although i understand the weekend is meant to
be lovely), please omit steps 2 to 5.

there you go, nae bother.  newcomers are very very welcome, as are the
usual suspects, who knows you might even get to meet ken.

please mail me if you have any problems or questions (preferably about
the picnic, but i'm very accommodating ;)) or think you might be late or
something and i'll reassure you :)

HERE IS A MAP:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?grid2map?X=528250&Y=183750&zoom
=1

HERE ARE DIRECTIONS:
Come out of Camden Town tube station, cross the road directly in front
of you. turn left, walk to the end of the road until you are about to
cross it again (100m), turn right and on to Parkway.  Walk along Parkway
until you see the Spread Eagle on your left, have a look to see if we're
there, otherwise have a look in unwins the off licence.  if we are in
neither of these places carry on walking up parkway until you reach a
big junctiony thing where you turn right along gloucester avenue.  there
is then a fork in the road where you take the left hand one along
regents park road.  tootle along there until you see the park on your
left, walk through the park until you get to the highest bit and we will
be there.  (that looks a lot more difficult than it really is btw)

all home made biccies/cakes/quiches will be oohed and ahhed at and then
scoffed :)

YAY picnics!!!

xoxo
CarsmileSteve