Sinister: List owner message - you may have been expecting this one

lulou lulou at xxx.org
Fri Apr 26 10:01:46 BST 2002

Thanks to David Moore for keeping an eye on the list, as do others.  It is
much appreciated.

He is perfectly correct:

The list rules say:
"Don't send lists of your favourite bands/films or anything to the list,
and don't join in if someone else asks people to.  This is the plague of
mailing lists the world over: lists  of "things I like" are usually
completely useless the other end, and usually mean they want you to
know how tasteful they are. If you want to talk about bands you like, tell
us why."

The last sentence is very important - lists are like junk food -
initially satisfying but then leave the list stomach with an
empty, unfulfilled gaping hole.  Too many of them and they make you sick.
I don't really want to read a mailing list like this, and there are 1600
people who see these messages.

Put it on a web page and put that in your footer..

I think we have already had a parody - can the lists all stop now, please.
Discussions on why Cat Stevens is so great are ok.  Analyses of a few
songs/albums (within reason) are ok. Lists of his songs aren't.  Sorry.

Cheers

Linda
xxx