Sinister: good music, good sites

Zoe bellezc at xxx.com
Sat Apr 27 01:15:56 BST 2002

Hello again!Remember me?
So, yeah. I have just peeled myself off the sofa after watching Jools
Holland. I had decided not to watch his show because it makes me depressed
as it features GRRRRRRREAT bands that I want to see but I can't or have seen
and want to see again and again and again and again...you get my point. BUT,
as I was flicking after watching BBC24-that boring...sigh- he was talking to
Patti Smith and I couldn't resist. She's amazing methinks;I had the pleasure
of seeing her live a few years ago and she was fantastic. Anyhow back to
Live with Jools Holland, she then went on to perform Dancing Barefoot, a
great song which it is lucky to have been covered very nicely indeed by U2
methinks again. But the unexpected was a song by Jon Spencer Blues
Explosion -no bass, but piano by Holland...and there I was thinking
shit-shit-shit-my-stupid-money-problems-£123-overdrawn-stupid-Zoe-ARGH!(I'm
sure this isn't making any sense...)What I'm trying to say is that Mr.
Spencer swung his sexy hips and boogie-woogied like hell doing all the
rockabilly moves that I'm sure he practices in front of a mirror ,that had
him on Mr. Holland's piano doing the all-time-r'n'r move of being on his
knees while his guitar was masterfully abused and I was wishing I HAD gone
to THAT gig in Athens in 1997 and then THAT gig in Manchester in 2002.
Still, life is great. I will definitely miss Jools Holland in summer-unless
he's not on which then makes it ok.

OH! I want to tell you now about this ...thing I discovered-even though I am
sure that quite of you will know about. OK, here goes. There is this
web-design company called hi-res!- www.hi-res.net- that has made , amongst
others, sites for films like Requiem for a Dream and The Business of
Strangers and is responsible for Playstation 2.  These guys do amazing stuff
that have you gripped on your desk. They, also, have an experimental site
called Soulbath- www.soulbath.com - which is MY FAVOURITE SITE EVER! In
summer 2000, and as I was enjoying the then newly discovered fun of surfing
the net I somehow ended up in soulbath. I never bookmarked and then I came
back to the UK and then had my pc shipped over but it came broken and
lalalala..the point is I had forgotten the address. So the other day my
neighbour tells me about a way cool site of a film called Donnie Darko-
www.donniedarko.com - which I visited and then went on to enter the site of
the designers and lo and behold it was them! I know this is a confusing
story but I was so happy. In soulbath apart from various installations they
have that thing where you can use your keyboard to make music there and
then. But you have to explore the place really well. It's got more stuff
than you think. I suggest it.

OK. I won't go on more. I just really wanted to share these really cool
stuff.

Many kisses
Zoe