Sinister: Masters and servants, servants and masters

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Sat Apr 27 19:03:57 BST 2002

I'm leaving to the see the Super Furries in a bit, but I have to write a
paper before I go.  However, there is one thing I have to ask.

For those of you who saw our lovely belles on Conan last night, was isobel
not there?  The cellist didn't look like her, but they never ever showed a
closeup.  They just cut right as the camera got onto her.  But why would
they sit a back-up musician so far away from the others?  And in, what is
genearlly, isobel's place?  Is she not on the tour?

I would also like to apologize for endorsing the Top 10 list thing.  I did
not realize it was against list rules.  Come to think of it, I really don't
remember that in the list rules.  My mind is going in my old age, so I'm
going to go reread them to refresh my memory before I do something else.
However, you have to understand that many on the list are music geeks, and
music geeks LOVE top 10 lists.  It's just a can of worms that should never
be opened.

One last point, an old lady came into the record store where I work.  She
picked up the "I'm Waking Up to Us" 12" and asked what it was.  I told her
it was the newest Belle and Sebastian single.  She told me that was her
favourite breed of dog, and she promptly bought it.  It's kind of endearing
in a way, but I don't think she'll play it.  I wonder if it could have gone
to a better home.  Ah well, it made her happy.  Now if I can only explain
the old lady who came in looking for deleted nine inch nails and smashing
pumpkins singles...for herself.

Red-faced with top 10s
-Matt