Sinister: Putting the po(o)r into Reporting Back

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 29 14:02:10 BST 2002

Hello

So..  um.. Saturday...

I was in a pub.  Carsmile, Mark H and Emma were there.
 It was nice but nobody else appeared to be coming.

Someone who wasn't there said "We're all at the top of
the hill.  Start climbing".  So we scaled the mighty
knoll of Primrose Hill.  It was colder up there so we
made sure to buy beer beforehand.  Pringles too
because the low conductivity of dried potato makes
excellent body-cavity insulation.

Atop the hill we spied Ben, Ken, Marianna, and Big Gay
Mark.  A picnic was enjoyed and we were soon joined by
Sarah, Trousers, Moore, Maja and a couple of foxes.

The temperature dropped rapidly as an atlantic-borne
depression (possibly accompanied by free-floating
anxiety and occasional showers) rolled in from the
west.  The sensible people played football.  The rest
of us huddled together, complained and consipired to
return to the pub.  Booze won out over freezing to
death and the non-football faction split for the
Spread Eagle where conversations were had on subjects
like 'indie' and 'borders'.  It was all much fun but
sadly I had to leave early.

The rest of my day involved a train ride, more beer
and a spectacularly bad game of pool.

Thanks to picnic mummy Carsmile and picnic suggester
Paul.  Apologies and hiya to anyone I failed to
mention above.

Bye for now
Robster
http://liquid2k.com/robster75

P.S.  Going to see Lambchop this week.  YIPPEE!!