Sinister: preserve my dignity and skip this, oh if you must... read it

fiona mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 29 15:48:35 BST 2002

sinister,
		forgive me if i've missed any breaking news because i haven't quite
completed the open - scroll - delete pattern all the way to the top
of the pile of posts, those pesky lists took more scrolling than i'd
expected. but i'm posting now so that i might have some hope of
getting home in time to watch 'as told by ginger.'

  so i am mainly posting because i had the piss taken over the
weekend that the first thing i would do on monday would be to run to
sinister and blab all the exciting things that happened. well
sometimes proving people right can be just as much fun as proving
them wrong.

  well i'll cut to the chase, i could tell the whole story, but you
really wouldn't be interested. the gist is that on friday night
ANDY ROURKE - THE BASS PLAYER FROM THE SMITHS CAME ROUND TO MY HOUSE.

i was quite excited. can you tell?

 dammit i've spent two and a half years on this list trying to
convince people that i was really cool and now i've blown it, but
anyway.

 somehow we ended up hanging out with him after a club and he came
back to ours to play videogames and couldn't seem to get the hang of
craxy taxi and i kicked his ass at soul calibur.

[at this point it seems fitting to take a moment to mourn the
premature demise of the dreamcast] but not to worry because we're
getting a gamecube on friday. woohoo! there should be more
sinister gaming discussion as i have found that one of the most
effective ways to snare and sustain a relationship with today's young
men is to develop or feign an interest in computer games.

 but to return to my story, the funniest thing happened... i had left
lying around a copy of the complete works of oscar wilde because i've
been studying him at uni. during the course of the evening mr rourke
spid this and proceeded to do a really scary impression of morrissey
and tell us about how he used to bang on about oscar wilde. thinking
back on this it was hillarious, but its also a little sad when you
see washed up ex-popstars still revelling in their former glory.

  unfortunately thats all i can remember, but thats probably for the
best as i was quite drunk and almost certainly made a fool of myself.

  well, thanks to anyone who actually made it to the bottom of the
most disjointed post i've ever written and dammit, by the time i get
home there'll only be saved by the bell on tv.

its nice to have someone to humour me,

love and lollipops,  fiona.

p.s. no-one from around manchester ever pays attention when i make
these pleas, but my night, indigo, is at the phoenix tomorrow
(tuesday) night and its really good and we play belle and sebastian
and everything.