No subject

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Tue Apr 30 21:47:35 BST 2002

sitting at work today, reading the assorted press
cuttings, I came across this thing, several times,
about how the Scottish Parliament  is wanting Scots to
donate their favourite lines or verse, to be dotted up
around the new building.

And I got to thinking...

What if it was Belle And Sebastian lyrics? Not quite
poetry, but technically, it could be argued, it is
verse. it was just an idea that made me smile, and
made me sit and smile secretly to myself, while
sorting out the dog poo from sectarianism in the
press.

So anyway, I've been dying to get home and e mail this
to you all, becuase I was sitting there so well
behaved today. I just wanted to get this little
thingthat amused me out of my system. I couldn't help
but imagine some of the song titles, put up around the
new parliament, with Belle And Sebastian written below
in italics. I'm not being serious about it, it was one
of those light hearted fantasies of amusement you
sometimes conjure up to help while away a few moments.

Still, heres my thoughts about lines that would make
amusing reading, written on a wall somewhere.

"Fuck This Shit"

"Could I write a piece about you now that you've made
it?
About the hours spent, the emptiness in your training
You only did it so that you could wear
Your terry underwear"

"It's not as if they're paying you
It's not as if it's fun
At least not anymore"

"Think of it this way
You could either be successful or be us"

"But if you are feeling sinister
Go off and see a minister
Chances are you'll probably feel better
If you stayed and played with yourself"

"If this town's your sinking ship
Then you know where to jump"

"I need someone to take some joy in something I do"

"I am stupid and blind
Desperation is the Devil's work, it is the folly of a
boys empty mind"

"You'd better take a weight off of your mind and
listen
To what other people say
Cause things are going wrong your own way"

"Trying hard not to please
Anyone, all the time
Being a rebel's fine
But you go all the way to being brutal" (For Margo
MacDonald's office, perhaps?)

"Boo to the business world!"

"There are people going hungry every day
They've got nothing on their plates
And you're filling your fat face with every different
kind of cake
And if you ever go lardy, or go lame
I will drop you straight away
That's the price you have to pay
For every stupid thing you say

There are people going lonely, and they'll stay
Lonely fay into the year
Because you're making blinkers fashionable
And fashionably you'll say
"All is equal in love and war" and
"I'm sorry, but I've got some things to do"
And you pretend to read a book you'll never finish
till the day"

"The wider issues of the day
Don't interest you, you'll have to pay"

=====