Sinister: celebrity boxing

Ruth Allan ruthmaverick at xxx.com
Thu Aug 1 22:42:45 BST 2002

hey people

to compliment jonathan's post regarding televison, I've lately become
intrigued with a show called "celebrity boxing". it's apparently broadcast
in north america and features various "zlist" celebs who actually box!  how
fantastic. is it true?

to more mundane things (yay!) life here, though I might whine, complain and
try not to post too frequently about it, is equally fine. I've  relocated to
manchester after 6 months with dumb brums who of course are not at all dumb
an just sound that way to outsiders who cant understand why speak so
gradually. its just precise. I think.

which leads me to mention a recent discovery about the self. I'd long
thought I was nothing like my father. unlike him I am excitable, have
interest in subjects other than gardening, valve widths or the state of my
gout / cabbages/ assorted other weekly obsessions and think I rush around
quickly. But over time, at work especially, Ive noticed that as folks run
out of the building to the city below, lunch , home or toilet, I have long
been left behind, like the kid who couldnt get her jacket on properly at
school and others said "rooooooootttthhh" in a long drawn out kind of doh
fashion as she scrabbled to get her stuff together, as they still do. At a
"getting to know each others name" social-work (event) this evening I ,
having drifted off a bit, re engaged into conversation to find my boss doing
a canny inpression of me precisely placing objects into my various bags
"she's the slowest person alive! like this.. place, place, place mumbling
this goes here and the phone here and the..." Now if I were I more sensitive
soul may have take this to heart, but no, I instead felt proud to be precise
like my dad. some girls are slower than others?

to return to the point of recently having moved back to mancheser, I am
slihtly overwhelmed by the lack of boredom and increase in social comitments
Its so weird! I actually have things to say occasssionally... BUT! amongst
this plethora of social whirl I would love to meet other sinisterines who
might be in the area, perhaps to see a band and for starters at short notice
I might recommend the CITY:LIVE night on monday @ roadhouse manchester
england (sorry to most of list!) featuring the amazing Moco. you needent
even speak to me! just go! they ROCK!

a quick thank you to colin for the tape tree, james for the CD burning
service and david for being very very lovely

ruthx