Sinister: Love is like lightning, it won't strike twice in the same place

Reggie Whitecastle coinmaster63 at xxx.com
Mon Aug 5 15:48:20 BST 2002

Hello fellow Belle and Sebastian fans!

 It's been a super long time since I've posted--mostly
due to the fact that I let my sister borrow my laptop
for some BBQ invitations she was going to make on
PrintShop, and then her youngest daughter dropped it
in their garden pond! Oh dear, I can say that
algae-infested water is not very good for a computer's
motherboard.  That baby was gone after that.  Luckily,
I had some coins to sell that I was not particularly
fond of and now I have a new computer.  Many apologies
and thank yous to those of you who sent me private
email after my last post.  I guess I was at quite a
low point after spending the Fourth alone and then
finding out Denise is married.  A lot has happened
since then, let me tell you!

 That is not to say that things are getting any
better.  Thankfully, I have B&S to listen to whenever
things are looking not-so-good.  One of my lizards,
Commando, died a few days ago.  I've had him quite a
while; I actually think everytime I wake up that he'll
finally be dead.  And he finally went. R.I.P. little
guy! I hope you're looking for crickets up in heaven!

 Also, a few days ago, I went to Gunther Tooties for a
late-night meal.  Denise didn't seem to be working,
for which I was thankful.  I haven't seen her since I
found out she was married, and her husband is in
prison for a few years (I don't know what for--I have
images of him hunting me down with various and sundry
medieval torture devices! Eeep!).  So, I ate, and
right as I was leaving I heard her voice.  She was in
her regular clothes, not her uniform.  I was surprised
to see she is quite a classily-dressed woman.  I
expected her to be a jeans-and-teeshirt type of gal,
but she was wearing a dress and nice shoes.  As I
left, she was leaving too, and she smiled and asked me
what I'd been up to and where I'd been.  I told her
I'd been away on business. Wow, what a bad
thing to say to someone when you're actually
unemployed.  She asked me for more details and I
mumbled and hoped she'd change the subject.  And
then--she grabbed my arm! And told me she'd missed me.
 And grinned at me! And wow, did my heart ever start
beating like crazy.

 I got in my car, and I smiled for the first time in a
really long time.

 It's funny, just when life starts looking really
shitty, how things can change.

 And it's also funny how they can go straight back to
being shitty.

 Toodles!

 Reggie