Sinister: When Banana Man hosts a soiree, does he call it a Bananarama?

Miss Marianna Longmire mary_goodshoes at xxx.com
Mon Aug 5 16:12:01 BST 2002

Oi Sinister! Outside! Now let's rhumble!

Aside from the toxic fume outbreak at work and spending four hours in
casualty, what has really been getting my mountain goat this week is the
fact you all hate me. I know, I know, you all /pretend/ to enjoy my company
at soirees and the like, but I'm simply forced to deduce that this is a
conspiratorial façade, given that no one has sent me a crush vote.

I dunno, you spend time relaying extraordinary adventures, witty
conversations and intriguing observations and no one bothers to even TRY and
get into your pants.* Pah.

So just for that, you're getting an awfully random, babbling post from me.
Revenge, mua ha ha. Take that! And, err, party.

Sinister fun fact #82. Ken Chu is smutastic. Even in his sleep.

Speaking of bad posts, Andrew Churchman posted about leaving Sinister. "I
just wanted some of the new listees to know that this list wasn't always
this boring." Indeed, there has been a lot of talk about the decline of
Sinister recently. Dudes, if you think the list is boring, then erm,
CONTRIBUTE and try and raise the standards.Or just fuck off quietly and read
ILE. Warning, cliche: The list is what you make it. And as for discussing
the intricacies of the songs, well it's been done. We've moved on. We may be
a "legion of bedroom saddo devotees", but our obsessions aren't limited and
fuck it, Belle and Sebastian can't be on our record players all the live
long time. I  WANT people to think, rant, tell stories and confess their
sins. This, for me, is what makes Sinister so great. Of course, the
occasional bitch-fest about Isobel or communal swooning over Stevie should
always be encouraged.

However, because I'm occasionally lovely and want to appease those who
insist on each post containing at least some content, bite your teeth on
this: B+S are playing with Ms Dynamite in Burnley, UK.  Can you say, random
but brilliant line-up?

Sinister fun fact #83. Vanilla David tells the BEST animal sex stories,
ever. He's also the only person I've heard convincingly argue the merits of
Adelaide.

During one of many drunken strolls through the streets of London at 1 in the
morning, the young James Franco confessed he used to believe Madonna was in
the original line up of Bananarama. "It made sense at the time", he claimed.
I like this mix up. A lot. Firstly, because it very loosely foreshadows a
Bis lyric by about 10 years, and secondly, because it's kind of like lyric
mishearings, but relating to band members instead. And it reminded me of the
time I thought Skeletor was simply a drag queen extra in the "Wannabe" film
clip.

Incidentally, for a good two years I swore the line in Bananarama's Love in
the First Degree was "guilty as a cocoa bean" and was an obscure homage to
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. How exactly it was an homage I'm not
entirely sure, but I stood by my mishearing and my random justification.
Even after my brother told me to stop being silly and put me in the stocks
at Elizabethan World.

Miss Marianarama Longmire

P.S. Reggie Whitecastle's back. Whoot!

*And it seems this post isn't going to do much to persuade you otherwise,
now is it? Sigh. I give up.